Before we delve into the specifics of Ja Morant workout routine, let’s take a moment to appreciate the impact he has made on the game of basketball.
Since his arrival in the NBA, Morant has been turning heads with his jaw-dropping dunks, lightning-fast speed, and unparalleled court awareness.
He has become one of the league’s top point guards at the age of just 21, winning awards including NBA Rookie of the Year in 2020.
Ja Morant Fitness Stats:
|Height:||6′ 2″ or (1.88 m)|
Ja Morant Workout Routine
Ja Morant’s day starts at around 8 AM with breakfast. He then goes for treatment, which includes massages, at 9 AM. His on-turf workout starts at around 10:30 AM and lasts for an hour.
Immediately after that, he hits the court for another hour of workout. Post this, he has lunch and takes a break for about two hours. He then resumes his workout routine at around 4 PM, focusing on weights, and wraps up by 5:30 or 6 PM
His workout routine is a perfect blend of strength training, agility drills, and basketball-specific exercises. Let’s take a closer look at some of the key components of Ja Morant Workout Routine.
1. Push-ups (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
2. Pull-ups (3 sets of 8-10 reps)
3. Seated Cable Rows (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
4. Biceps Cable Curls (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
5. Rope Hammer Curl (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
6. Cable flys (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
7. Cable One-Arm Triceps Extension (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
1. 30 minutes of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workouts
2. 10 minutes if Treadmill Incline Sprints
3. Cardio & Core Workout Exercises
1. Bent Over Low Pulley Side Lateral (4 sets of 6-8 reps)
2. Barbell Lunge (4 sets of 6-8 reps)
3. Handstand Push-Ups (4 sets of 8-10 reps)
4. Dumbbell Squat (3 sets of 8 reps)
5. Dumbbell Step-Ups (3 sets of 6-8 reps)
1. Barbell Single Leg Squats (3 sets of 10 reps)
2. Cable Front Raise (3 sets of 8-10 reps)
3. Cable One Arm Tricep Extensions of (3 sets 10-12 reps)
4. Barbell Lunges (4 sets of 6-8 reps)
1. Cable Curl (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
2. Pull-Ups (3 sets of 8-10 reps)
3. Cable Rope Hammer Curls (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
4. Cable Flys (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
5. One-leg barbell squats (2 sets of 10 reps for each leg)
6. Push-ups (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
On Saturdays, Ja Morant dedicates his time to engaging in various forms of cardiovascular exercise. He focuses on activities like running, swimming, or participating in sports to improve his overall fitness.
After a week of intense training and physical exertion, Ja Morant understands the importance of rest and recovery. Therefore, Sundays serve as his designated rest days.
You Might Like This:
Aaron Donald Workout Routine
Ja Morant Diet
Ja Morant pays close attention to his eating habits because he understands the importance of maintaining his physical fitness to perform well in basketball.
Although he occasionally enjoys unhealthy meals, he makes an effort to eat healthily for the majority of the week. He prioritizes carbohydrates before games or practices to fuel his energy levels.
Additionally, Ja Morant focuses on including protein in every meal and consumes fruits that have antioxidant properties. He considers breakfast to be his most important meal and ensures that he stays well-hydrated throughout the day.
Now, let’s create a diet plan to help you achieve fitness goals similar to Ja Morant:
- Spinach Tomato Omelet
- Avocado Toast
- Orange Juice
- Chicken Sausage
- Protein Smoothie made from banana, egg, almond milk, and berries
- Grilled Chicken
- Sauteed Veggies
- Chopped Salmon Salad
- Steak or Chicken
- Veg Salad
You Might Like This:
Gabe Kapler Workout Routine
Q. How often does Ja Morant work out?
- Ja Morant workout 6 days a week. He believes in the importance of consistency and puts in the necessary hours to improve his skills.
Q. Are there any specific exercises Ja Morant does for injury prevention?
- Injury prevention is a top priority for Morant. He includes exercises that target the muscles and joints most susceptible to injuries, such as ankle stabilization exercises, hip mobility drills, and core strengthening exercises.
Q. What are some of the staple foods in Ja Morant’s diet?
- Ja Morant’s diet primarily consists of lean proteins such as chicken, fish, and tofu. He incorporates a variety of whole grains, such as quinoa and brown rice, for complex carbohydrates.
Q. Are cheat meals a part of Ja Morant’s diet?
- Like many athletes, Ja Morant understands the importance of balance and occasionally indulges in his favorite foods. He believes in moderation and enjoys occasional cheat meals as a way to reward himself while staying disciplined overall
Ja Morant workout routine plays a crucial role in shaping his physical abilities and maintaining his elite level of performance on the court.
It is worth noting that Morant follows a disciplined schedule, dedicating 6 days a week to his training, with Sundays reserved for rest and recovery.
In addition to his rigorous training routine, Morant understands the importance of nutrition in supporting his physical fitness. While he occasionally enjoys cheat meals, he emphasizes a healthy diet for the majority of the week