For anyone who’s an NBA fan, LeBron James is considered “GOAT,” (which by the way stands for greatest of all times) as he has been knitted close to the world of basketball since the time he first stepped into it. He plays for the Los Angeles Lakers today in the NBA.
LeBron’s basketball career is one of the most successful careers that any player has ever made in the history of national basketball.
He is acknowledged as the leading scorer of all time, as well as he has received several accolades after his name such as four NBA Championships for the respective teams he played and appeared in ten NBA finals.
He started young, and eventually became the newbie who set a new record of scoring 40 points in a basketball game. For his unimaginable amount of talent in basketball, he was also awarded the “Rookie of the Year” in 2004.
Due to his impactful basketball career, he has been eyed for sharing his workout and diet routine with his fans who want to get ripped like him.
LeBron James has one of the toughest bodies among NBA players, and he continues to maintain it by following a certain workout plus diet plan that is tailored for him especially. We will be talking about that in this article.
LeBron James’ Biographical Details
|Full name||LeBron Raymone James Sr.|
|Birth||December 30, 1984, Ohio, USA|
|Weight||113 kg (250 lbs)|
|Height||2.06 meter (6 foot 9 inches)|
LeBron James’ Workout Routine
LeBron James’ has a workout regimen that focuses on building muscle strength and increasing endurance.
No wonder, his workout routine might be the hardest to follow as his workout plan is based on incorporating high-intensity exercises and implementing supersets to level up his gains.
However, he might not do this all the time, because this depends on the time of the season it is. If it’s in-season, which means that he is playing basketball for his team, he will follow a strict regimen to improve his agility and endurance for the day he plays on the court.
Whereas, if it’s off-season LeBron might not work out too intensely and opt for a simpler execution workout plan.
In-season, James is committed to utilizing his time in the gym by lifting heavy weights, doing sprint training, and plyometrics as well as performing soothing activities such as yoga and pilates to improve his body’s flexibility.
Moreover, he practices a lot on the basketball court, practicing perfection in tactics like defense and shooting, etc., preparing for the game ahead.
As he is a full-time athlete, during the season, LeBron James also emphasizes strengthening his core by performing certain core-specific exercises that get him ready to face opponents on the court.
His core workout helps him to remain stable and avoid chances of potential injuries, thus core-strengthening exercises include Russian twists, hanging leg raises, and more.
His recovery period is crucial to keep him fit, thus he does cryotherapy (meant to remove abnormal tissues by using cold temperatures) and values sleep a lot.
He ensures to takes at least a standard 7-9 hours of sleep to recover his body and put him into a fresh mode when he wakes up.
Mondays: Chest, Triceps, And Shoulders
- Barbell Incline Bench Press (4 sets, 12 reps)
- Seated Overhead Dumbell Press (4 sets, 12 reps)
- Seated Overhead Tricep Extensions (4 sets, 12 reps)
- Clapping Push-ups (3 sets, 20 reps)
- Diamond Push-ups (3 sets, 20 reps)
- Plank to Pushup (3 sets, 10 reps)
Tuesdays: Plyometrics And Yoga
Each session consists of performing plyometric exercises like box jumps, and agility ladder, and performing yoga and pilates for 30-60 minutes each day.
Wednesdays: Biceps, Back And Trapezius
- Chin-ups (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Wide Pushups (3 sets, 20 reps)
- Wide Grip Pullups (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Barbell Deadlifts (4 sets, 12 reps)
- Barbell Standing Bicep Curls (4 sets, 12 reps)
- Bent Over Barbell Rows (4 sets, 12 reps)
Thursdays: Same Routine As Tuesdays
He does plyometric exercises and performs yoga in a session for 30-60 minutes.
LeBron’s Friday workout routine comprises a series of leg exercises meant to focus on the hamstring and gluten muscles.
These leg exercises play a crucial part in his overall workout as the leg muscles contribute to agility and body flexibility.
- Back Squats (4 sets, 12 reps)
- Leg Press (4 sets, 12 reps)
- Seated Calf Raise (4 sets, 12 reps)
- Jumping Lunge (3 sets, 20 reps)
- Box Jumps (3 sets, 15 reps)
Saturdays: Same Routine As Tuesday/Thursday
He does plyometric exercises and performs yoga in a session for 30-60 minutes long.
Sundays: Rest Day
On Sundays, he gives his body time to recover and heal. He takes some quality rest and eats his favorite healthy food.
LeBron James’ Personal Diet Plan
LeBron James eats an athletic diet to fuel his gains and optimize his basketball performance. He is very serious about the food he puts in his body, hence he lets his chef cook for him the food he needs, made the right way.
His diet is all about maintaining a nutritional balance and not giving up totally on essential fats and complex carbs. He maintains a strict balance by eating lean sources of protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats to give himself the energy he requires to perform better on the court.
He divides his meal portions for one day into five to six meal portions for an increased eating frequency that can help him maintain his calorie intake and boost his metabolism. Between each of his meals, there’s a gap of two and a half or complete three hours.
Moreover, he is a fruit and vegetable lover, he loves to eat his salad and favorite fruits.
For morning breakfast: An egg sandwich prepared with low-fat Greek yogurt on the side, avocados, salsa, and a whole-grain cupcake/muffin. He also eats berries, bananas, or frozen fruit.
Snack: LeBron James drinks his protein shake for snack time.
Lunch: A salad made with the goodness of spinach, veggies, and grilled chicken pieces, topped with fruits like berries, cherries, oranges, and a vinaigrette or olive oil salad dressing.
Dinner: A salad filled with the goodness of grilled salmon, steamed or roasted vegetables, and quinoa or brown rice on the side and topped with crushed pistachio, presented with olive oil, vinaigrette dressing, with freshly squeezed lemon juice on top. To add extra flavor, season with herbs like rosemary, and chilli flakes.
Before-bedtime snack: Scrambled omelet with veggies and turkey bacon
He also consumes a handful of supplements like plant-based proteins and multivitamins to fuel his gains.
- LeBron James is an NBA superstar who has achieved a reputable career by winning many awards and championships like setting a record of scoring forty points in a basketball game and winning the “Rookie of the Year” in 2004.
- LeBron James’ has slight variations in his workout. If it’s in-season, which means that he is playing basketball for his team, he will follow a strict regimen to improve his agility and endurance for the day he plays on the court. Whereas, if it’s off-season LeBron might not work out too intensely and opt for a simpler execution workout plan.
- His recovery period is crucial to keep him fit, thus he does cryotherapy (meant to remove abnormal tissues by using cold temperatures) and values sleep a lot.
- His diet is all about maintaining a nutritional balance and not giving up totally on essential fats and complex carbs. He maintains a strict balance by eating lean sources of protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats to give himself the energy he requires to perform better on the court. He also consumes lots of fruit, water, and supplements